Fall 2012- Spring 2016
Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations
Public Relations Coursework:
- Style and Design-Adobe Creative Suite
- A capstone course that applies style and design to public relations messages through the use of various content management systems and creative software such as Adobe InDesign and Dreamweaver.
- Social Media for Public Relations
- In this course, we examine how new social media impact public relations strategies and research trends that develop.
- Public Relations Campaigns
- A capstone course where we learned how to create a campaign for a client and present our findings at the end of the semester.
- Survey of Research Methods
- Basic research principles and survey research as it is used by mass media and public relations. Students are assigned a client for which they conduct research using methods taught in the course.
- Public Relations Case Studies
- This is a course designed to provide Public Relations students with an understanding of both effective and ineffective methods of PR through studying actual cases from the field itself. Students conduct a case study on a real company, using that research to develop a strategic public relations campaign.
- Writing for Public Relations
- This course has an emphasis on communication tactics; plan, write and produce public relations tools; audience and media selection; print and electronic media.
- Foundations of Public Relations
- An overview of public relations and its history, looking at communication skills and technologies necessary for successful public relations practices.
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Law
Other Relevant Coursework:
- Concepts in Communication and Journalism
- Public Speaking
- Journalism Fundamentals
- Volunteer vocal performances for various on-campus philanthropies
- Alpha Delta Pi Social Sorority
- Habitat for Humanity Housing Projects
- Salvation Army Volunteer
- Ronald McDonald House Volunteer